Looking for a better way to match available freight loads with trucks, TransCore Link Logistics in 1990 developed Loadlink, a load board connecting brokers, carriers, owner operators and private fleets in Canada to a real-time database of 15 million loads, shipments and trucks – the largest in the industry. The monthly Canadian Freight Index now defines the freight movement spot market. Look here for the most current update from TransCore Link Logistics by Canadian Freight Index and Data Feed
• Mack Trucks Stakes Highway Claim with All-New Mack Anthem™ Mack Trucks introduced its new, next-generation highway hero, the Mack Anthem™, during the Mack Global Dealer Summit in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The Mack Anthem is a re-engineered, redesigned and reimagined interpretation of what today′s highway truck should be – aerodynamic, comfortable and connected, all with a distinctively bold Mack look.
• Glasvan Recognized as International Dealer of the Year Sweeps top honours for international Great Dane sales with three out of four award wins
• Glasvan employees earn top recognition by Great Dane in sales category Company Employees Win Awards for Sales Achievements and Superior Customer Experiences
• TIPS AND TRICKS 4-ways to find a great load An owner-operator offers some of his tried-and-true tricks for finding great loads on the load board.
• 2013 HOS Rule Is Gone for Good. The 2013 version of the 34-hour restart rule required drivers to be off-duty for two periods from 1AM to 5AM before they could go back to work, and the restart could only be used once per week.
• Where to Find Freight in the Slow Season. February is the slow season for freight. It may feel like your business is at a crawl right now.
• The Freight Recession is Over. 2017 Outlook: The Freight Recession is Over.
• "Beaver" speaks many languages. Come to Beaver Truck Centre and we’ll find you the right truck at the right price.
• Industry Trends by DAT. Truckers Edge Blog.
• Caravan first Canadian fleet to deploy BlackBerry Radar. Caravan Transportation Group is the first fleet to roll out BlackBerry's Radar asset tracking system.
Daniel Snow and his wife, Phyllis Snow, are working to keep that "knights of the road" image alive.
On November 16, Tesla unveiled its all-electric rig aptly named "Semi".
Volvo Trucks North America invited journalists to their plant to unveil new Volvo VNL truck...
The research arm of the American Trucking Associations, calculated that congestion delays on U.S. highways are for more than 996 million hours of lost productivity.
The report shows carnage on the roads in two states where the recreational use of marijuana is now legal — Washington and Colorado — has doubled and tripled among drivers who tested positive for marijuana.
There was a sense of optimism in the air at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky.
Adams said while truckers used to have reputations as drinkers, that's not the case anymore.
If you follow instructions from your convoy leader, you are less likely to make a mistake that will lead to a warning or suspension
It used to be that we worried about truck bombs. Now we have to worry about trucks used as weapons.