Looking for a better way to match available freight loads with trucks, TransCore Link Logistics in 1990 developed Loadlink, a load board connecting brokers, carriers, owner operators and private fleets in Canada to a real-time database of 15 million loads, shipments and trucks – the largest in the industry. The monthly Canadian Freight Index now defines the freight movement spot market. Look here for the most current update from TransCore Link Logistics by Canadian Freight Index and Data Feed
• Volvo Trucks Celebrates 35 Years of Innovation and Aerodynamic Truck Design in North America This year marks the 35th anniversary of Volvo's introduction of the Integral Sleeper, the first North American conventional truck model to offer a modern, streamlined design and a fully integrated sleeper compartment.
• Mack Trucks Stakes Highway Claim with All-New Mack Anthem™ Mack Trucks introduced its new, next-generation highway hero, the Mack Anthem™, during the Mack Global Dealer Summit in Allentown, Pennsylvania. The Mack Anthem is a re-engineered, redesigned and reimagined interpretation of what today′s highway truck should be – aerodynamic, comfortable and connected, all with a distinctively bold Mack look.
• Glasvan Recognized as International Dealer of the Year Sweeps top honours for international Great Dane sales with three out of four award wins
• Glasvan employees earn top recognition by Great Dane in sales category Company Employees Win Awards for Sales Achievements and Superior Customer Experiences
• TIPS AND TRICKS 4-ways to find a great load An owner-operator offers some of his tried-and-true tricks for finding great loads on the load board.
The chorus calling for improved and mandatory training for truck drivers is growing louder as the days pass following the Humboldt, Sask. truck/bus crash.
"We’re excited to bring the new VNX to the heavy-haul market and we know that it will live up to the expectations of those doing heavy, hard jobs," said Göran Nyberg, president of Volvo Trucks North America.
I’ve compiled a list of the top 8 things I wished drivers could see from dispatch side of the transportation industry.
A new Women In Trucking show on SiriusXM discusses challenges and opportunities for both male and female drivers on the open road.
Daniel Snow and his wife, Phyllis Snow, are working to keep that "knights of the road" image alive.
On November 16, Tesla unveiled its all-electric rig aptly named "Semi".
Volvo Trucks North America invited journalists to their plant to unveil new Volvo VNL truck...
The research arm of the American Trucking Associations, calculated that congestion delays on U.S. highways are for more than 996 million hours of lost productivity.
The report shows carnage on the roads in two states where the recreational use of marijuana is now legal — Washington and Colorado — has doubled and tripled among drivers who tested positive for marijuana.
There was a sense of optimism in the air at the Mid-America Trucking Show in Louisville, Kentucky.
Adams said while truckers used to have reputations as drinkers, that's not the case anymore.
If you follow instructions from your convoy leader, you are less likely to make a mistake that will lead to a warning or suspension
It used to be that we worried about truck bombs. Now we have to worry about trucks used as weapons.